Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Toosdae ?'s

Hi everyone!! Knowing that I'm in school on Monday nights, these questions mean MORE than they did before b/c it's harder for me to post them...so show me that you want these questions to continue by answering them!! Maybe I’ll even bake you a muffin or something…

1. Would you rather have your thumb and first finger glued together for the rest of your life (In the “OK” sign) or be forced to say “Bippity Boppity Boo” before every sentence?

2. If you had a parrot and could teach it to say any word or short phrase, what would it be?

3. You are the most respected fashion designer in the world and have the power to bring back any fad from any era. Because you are so loved, no one would scoff at your choice, and it would quickly catch on. What would you bring back, and why?

1. I choose Bippity Boppity Boo-think it would be funny to see a strangers reaction to this option, though I’m sure I’d get decked after a while. And the index finger and thumb are rather essential in the baking process, and a lot of you have already placed orders…

2. “You smell like cheese.” or “Do you smell that?” or something to that effect. I think it would be comical when new people came over.

3. Was being fat ever a fad? Just kidding. I think I’d choose to bring back A-Line dresses, even though they sell them now. They look good on almost anyone, and are very cute. If not that, my second choice would be overalls. I loved my overalls to death and was very sad when they went out of style.


Please help combat my exhaustion by making me smile today!

11 comments:

One who listens said...

Of course I'll post a reply!

And yes, we want the Toosdae's ?'s to continue until I'm at least 73.

1. Tough call. I think I'd go with the "Bippity Boppity Boo" thing, although I'd have to give up talking to people. I couldn't cope without my hands. How difficult would it be to drive a car? Hang on a second, who's forcing me? I'd definitely take the forcing one, because I wouldn't have to do it when they're not around, and I can run away and hide from them.

2. I've had a small child sit on my shoulder before, and I taught her to say "Pieces of eight!". I don't know if that counts.

I'd probably end up teaching it to say "Ermintrude", so that I could show it off to my dad, because he spent many happy hours trying to make sure that was my first word.

3. I'd bring back scruffy jeans and t-shirts and make them as good as wearing a suit to work. Then I'd freeze all fashions so that it never changed, and I'd live happily ever after. The end.

That's my lot for today. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

Until you're at least 73?!? Hmmm. I'm not sure I can promise THAT my dear Owl, but I'll sure try to keep it up! (Thanks for the input on keeping Toosdae's)

And also? You're a weirdo and I feel I can say that b/c well, I love ya! Pieces of eight? And you had a small child sit on your shoulder saying that?

Um...why? 8-)

And also, also?

What's "Ermintrude"?

As always-YOU MAKE ME SMILE!!

OrioleGal9 said...

So, I answer your questions today, you'll bake me a muffin, does that include shipping to FL?

1. I'd take the glued fingers. Even though it would make things difficult. I think you'd be more a freak if you said Bippity Boppity Boo before EVERY sentence. No one would want to talk you.

2. I'd teach it to say "I LOVE YOU"

3. Wow, what a question! Man there are so many fashions I would not want to come back ie, knickers, leg warmers, 80's hair.
I think I might have to agree with the overalls, they are so much fun!

Mags said...

Who doesn't like a good knicker? I mean, just saying the work knicker makes me chuckle? ;)

C-Unit said...

1.Bippity Boppity Boo!!! You dont realize how much of a pain in the ass the finger thing would be till you try it out!!
2.I would teach it to say kick me, because I hate birds!
3.I like my fashion now, and would rather not relive the multicolored sparkly spandex I once wore!!

Mags said...

C-Unit-not that I'm condoning the hurting of animals, but EXCELLENT ANSWER to #2. I laughed out loud for a few minutes.

megan said...

1. I'll take the glued fingers. The "Bippity boppity boo" thing would be cute before the first couple sentences, then it would simply be annoying.

2. I think I'd teach it to say "Lovely" in a British accent. For some reason I just love hearing that word.

3. I would like to bring back any and every thing I wore in the late 70's and early 80's. Then when I looked back at old photos of me it wouldn't be so darn embarassing. I'll skip the big hair though, that was too darn much work.

GMadrid said...

1. Well since I already say Bippity Boppity Boo in my head that would be easy to do.

2. Buggered because it is a great British term that I would love for my child to use on a regular basis no matter how offense it may be to others.

3. Feathered flowing hair on women. Man I loved that look. :)

Wingnut said...

Overalls went out of style??? Why was I not informed?

Mags said...

Megan: Perhaps you should re-think the big hair, based on Greg's comments...

Greg: Oh-I thought a good thing to teach any bird near you would be, "Oh please don't hurt me!" ;)

Wingnut: Your town is havign their prom at a barn. Overalls are allowed. 8-)

kristarella said...

I'm glad you took the effort to write questions Mags!

1. since thumb and forefinger are used in the singlular I'm thinking it's only on one hand and I would pick that. If it were on both hands I would probably go with bippity because hands are important.

2. It's a toss up between "Welcome to Homestar Runner dot net, it's dot com..." and "I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angles nor demons, nor any powers, not height nor depth can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ." That would take a long time to teach!

3. I like my clothes, I would make sure that wideleg jeans stay in and flat shoes - skate shoes, sneakers and nice shoes.