Friday, April 21, 2006

Orientation Notes

First things first-orientation yesterday was AWESOME!

Not only did I get my uniforms (3 chef coats, 2 pairs of checkered pants, 2 aprons, 2 hats and 2 neckerchiefs) but I was also blessed with good luck for once.
All of the annoying people that were there are attending the DAY classes and I am attending night classes. That never happens to me. I am always stuck with the slackers, the druggies, the I-really-don’t-want-to-be-here’s…but this time it looks like it’ll be different.

There’s a man who looks like Savid from LOST. He’s a homemaker.

There’s a woman who’s very rough around the edges, who will be riding her bike to school each day. It’s a 20 minute drive-I hope she eats Wheeties.

There’s a kid who’s been working as a chef for 6 years already-who stated the first 2 months are going to be BORING for him. Whatever dude.

And then there’s my favorite-a kid who is very stereotypically a “ghetto boy” but who has the best manners I’ve ever seen. I love him.

I’m stoked. Except that I tried on the hat tonight, and well…it’s atrocious. Really.

School starts Monday!!!!!!!!!!

Care Bear Cake Pics coming later today. I know you are sitting on the EDGE of your seats...

8 comments:

OrioleGal9 said...

I'm totally STOKED for you!!!

I want you to share all your fun new tips with all of us! You know me, I love to cook too!!!

I'm so happy for you Mags!

Love ya!

Mags said...

8-)

Thanks T!!!!

(I'm going to the Oriole's game tonight. I hope they WIN!)

I'll be sure to share some fun and interesting stories along the way to culinary geniusness.

OrioleGal9 said...

I'm so jealous!!! Wear some orange and black proudly!!

Mags said...

Nope. I'm a Red Sox fan. It's really a Yankees game-they are playing the Orioles, which is why I want the Orioles to win, b/c I want the Yankees to LOSE!!!!

OrioleGal9 said...

I always want the Yankees to lose too!!!

Hamel said...

I'm thrilled for you. I love your enthusiasm, Mags

Mags said...

8)

Thanks Hamelson!!!!!!

Have a great weekend!

Flipper said...

Congradulationssssssss im so excited for you!!!!!!