Friday, April 14, 2006

Love Notes

In searching for my high school diploma (for culinary school) I came across several things that made me giggle. Like, for instance, 2 letters I saved from boys I liked, who also liked me. Keep in mind, it was Junior High...and spelling errors were not fixed...

1: TJ, a cute boy who, looking back, was probably balding, even in 7th grade. We liked each other on and off, but he moved away before high school.

Dear Mags,

As you know, I like you. I was wondering if you would ever go out with me. Please tell me at the end of science.

Sincerly your
Horny Korny Peverted
Pal, TJ

PS. I'll (Heart) you always

RSVP

First of all, I remember him giving this to me. In a suicidal-like mission, he chucked this letter between our open classrooms from his desk (in the back row on the left) to my desk (in the back rown on the right) Miraculously, he did not get caught and I think this is what ultimately made me say yes. He was a risk taker. And what girl wouldn't like a "Horny Korny Perverted Pal"?

2. Todd: This boy was one that liked me from 6th grade until probably... yesterday. I liked him on and off too. If I didn't have a boyfriend all through high school, I'm sure he would have been it.

Dear Mags,

Will you go out with me? I have liked you for a while. I hope that the answer is "yes"! I might not act like it all the time, but I do. The reason I always hang up on you is because I am restricted from the phone. I'm not a mama's boy but...well, I got to go.

I (Heart) U!

Todd

Ps. Write back and give to Karen or Tiffany. Please don't call, no offense. Or drop off in my locker, 367, 6-23-8

The funniest part of this letter is not the Mama's boy comment, or even the "Please don't call, no offense", but the fact that it is written in my cousin Tiffany's writing.

WTF Todd? You can't write your own love letter? And why did I have to give it to Karen or Tiffany and not you?? Besides, they were MY friends.

Of course, I said yes, though I don't remember how I responded...

7 comments:

C-Unit said...

And that boy (Tod) still works at the hardware store here. I think its destiny!!!

Mags said...

C-Unit: Too bad I don't live there. Ick.

OrioleGal9 said...

Too funny. I too have a box of letters and notes from boys in high school. They are hysterical to read now!

Too funny...Kurt is moving to Tampa!

Mags said...

Oh. My. God.

Is Keith flipping out? I miss that boy. Remember we used to make him go buy us Tuna sandwiches at ESPN?

OrioleGal9 said...

I forgot how good those things were!

Keith's not flipping out, but the funniest thing is...they'll be working in the same building, granted it's a LARGE building but still the the same building!

kristarella said...

Nice! I don't know if I still have any love letters. I went out with this one boy called David in year 4(!). I remember us writing notes across the desk "You're beautiful.", "No, you're more beautiful!", "No..."

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! What is zyban prescribed for parts of lcd and ldp projectors Internet+service+providers+dsl overhead projector video ablcd projectors Oldsmobile 442 for sale in california Sex slave autions Infocus x2 projector