Monday, April 24, 2006

Anticipation

Sitting in the dark, I hope that sleep will come. I close my eyes and inhale deeply, but instead of dreams I see fireflies. Instead of homemade lullabies being sung to me in a sleepy voice, I hear the thump-thump of my over excited heart.

Tonight, anticipation is my blanket, warming my skin, keeping my alive-keeping me awake. I yawn, but my eyelids do not droop.

There is nothing more I can do, but wait...

Sleep comes softly, lowers it's head
But I can't give into it, so I toss in my bed.
One sheep, two sheep, I count in vain
It's excitement that's got me, I can't refrain.
Release me and walk me to where I can dream
so tomorrow I'll be able to make whipped cream.
Sleep...
Sleep...



Today's the day...wish me luck.

7 comments:

OrioleGal9 said...

Good Luck and most importantly...

HAVE FUN DOING SOMETHING YOU LOVE!!!

Mags said...

8)

I'm so excited today. I've been talking (rambling) about everything to everyone. It's very funny.

For me at least!!

Thanks T!

C-Unit said...

GOOD LUCK tonight!!! Have fun. I know you will!

Mags said...

Thanks C-Unit!!

Hamel said...

Have fun, and I hope you continue the love affair.

Mags said...

Thank you Hamel! I'll post a recap of my night on Wednesday, but I can tell you that it WAS fantastic!

One who listens said...

Good luck from sunny England. :)

Owl.