- Told by father, "I'll pay for culinary school!"
- Believed for the first time in a long time that my dream might come true. I even told people I was going.
- Met with admissions instructor. Somehow charmed him into not testing me and to simply enroll me for next month's classes.
- Enrolled for classes. Paid $50 fee.
- Was told 14 times in a 1/2 hour meeting, "It's REALLY, very, VERY nice to meet you."
- Had my heart stop and break all at once when I saw the increase in tuition when meeting with financial aid.
- Kept my cool in the office, pretending it was "No sweat".
- Called my father on the verge of tears because I knew that he could not afford the new price.
- Hung up with my father as I entered the office and proceeded to break down in the front door.
- Bawled for the rest of the day on and off, but mostly on.
- Woke up even though I didn't want to today.
- Spent the majority of my day trying to refinance, reconsolidate, searching for grants or scholarships.
- Applied for a home equity loan.
- Praying. Begging. Praying. Begging.
- Holding on the the last drop of hope I have that my dream won't slip away once again.
Pray, beg, pray...I won't know for 3 days. My credit isn't great, I have a mortgage, a car payment, a LARGE student loan, credit card bills, medical bills, and a crappy salary...it's not looking good.
But you know me, I can't give up without a fight....not when I'm this close.