Sunday, March 19, 2006

Bedtime Prayer

Now I lay me down to sleep,
my dreams, patiently waiting.
If I should wake before I die
I'll know my passion's abating.
Keep them safe,
Keep them warm,
Keep them close at hand
For dreams are often heard, at last,
when we are least to understand.
A dream or two is all I have,
so please, answer my prayers.
And once the answers come to pass
I'll live without any cares.
I'm having trouble getting to bed tonight because tomorrow is an important day. Tomorrow is the day I find out for sure whether or not I got the loan I need in order to attend culinary school.
I know worrying doesn't help anything. It's not worry that I have. It's more of an anxiousness, a feeling of impatience, of not knowing whether or not tomorrow will bring tears of joy, or sorrow.
It's a cautious anticipation, a careful protection of a dream already fragile from heartbreak.
It's a girl, who's wanted something for so long, who's afraid she might actually get what she asked for.
Good night everyone.

5 comments:

One who listens said...

Nice prayer. :)

My favourite has always been:

Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here. Ever this night be at my side, to love, to guard, to rule and guide. Amen!

Here's hoping you get your dreams.

Speaking of which, my girly's youngest always says this prayer: "Dear God, please let me sleep all night and not have nightmares any more. Amen." When my girly heard this, she said "Are you still having nightmares?", and he looked at her kinda funny and said "No mum. Weren't you listening? I've prayed. I don't get nightmares any more because I prayed."

Bless 'im. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

Thanks Owl. I should have written a prayer that included the sandman because I didn't sleep much at all last night!!

One who listens said...

I find that "Dear God, can you help me to get to sleep? Zzzzzzzzz" is a good prayer in those cases. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

I tried that-but I have 3 things I pray for every single night, and so maybe that was my limit yesterday. ;)

No worries. 1 sleepless night is nothing!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site...
Country dance party http://www.pda-keyboard-5.info Firicet acetaminophen butalbital ultracet half life Ultracet 375 Free fax cover sheet examples Flawless finish line of proactiv http://www.fioricet-online-4.info Phentermine 37 5 mg in fioricet lantern battery holders