Monday, February 27, 2006

The Quirkies

Sometimes when I am bored I browse through sites like Ananova and come to find silly (but true) news stories. I always chuckle at how abrupt they are-they start a story but seem to leave out the facts that I really want to know.

For instance, in the story regarding the hospital for the heart broken teenagers...I want to know about what they do for these kids when they are admitted. They mention counseling, which is cool, but do they medicate them? Are they sedated? Or the opposite, are they given something like Ecstacy to boost their confidence and to help them meet new people?

And how about the village that was flooded with pig manure? Is anyone wondering why the town has a tank full of pig manure? Are the pigs in Bavaria potty trained? Do they have latrines they poop over? And what exactly are they feeding these pigs that made the tank explode?

After reading the story about the man who survived after his life support was turned off, I was left wondering 2 things: 1. Why would you choose to turn your father's life support off 10 days before your wedding? and 2. Why wasn't the dude pissed they gave up on him? The father of the bride does traditionally pay for the wedding, and so perhaps they needed the insurance money to pay the bill..."the happiest day ever" my ass.

And last, does anyone else think the Bosnian dentist is nuts? Dogs are smart, yes, but I find it hard to believe that his dog knows the tooth is "something special" and shows it off. If anything, I bet he's walking around showing his doggie friends what a jackass his owner is. And I'm sure it's a secret sign of desperation, as what he really wanted were diamond encrusted Snausages.

5 comments:

One who listens said...

So, this guy took a perfectly normal and healthy dog, and added a gold plating to a tooth.

For entirely cosmetic purposes...

Hmmm.. I don't think this guy is that much different from the elderly ladies who dress up their poodles in pink coats, and I don't approve of them either. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

Owl-I am so glad you are back, AND that you agree with me!!!!!

Flipper said...

Ummm i think that the teen boken heart hospital is a good idea, its true how depressed teenagers get about that stuff...the pig thing is weird not to mention disgusting!(and i too wonder where it all came from)...the fathering living, i mean i would be mad if my family gave up on me, but its good he lived...and the whole dog thing is just stupid hes a little phyco!!! Bling Bling

Mags said...

Flipper-we're probably related to him somehow....

alyceclover said...

Glad to know I'm not the only one, that wants to know the untold details. I do it too, at times on purpose, out of curiostiy, "will anyone be curious enough to ask?"