Friday, January 13, 2006

Uncertain

Have you ever needed to make a decision that you knew you had to make but have been putting off because you really don’t want to make it? And knowing you have to make it now makes you feel sad, and sick and nervous, and you second guess actually making the decision?

That’s where I am today. I have to make a decision about something very important that I’ve been thinking about for a little while now, and now that it’s time to make it I’m questioning whether or not it’s the right time or if I should just stick it out and see what happens.

Even though in the long run I think I know it will be best for me to commit to this decision, I just do not know. And this is where I falter.

How do you decide if what you think is best really is? How do you know whether to follow your heart or you logic? Which is more important? When does being patient and strong really get its reward?

Does it ever? It never really has in my life. And now’s the time I need some reassurance that now is the time.

8 comments:

One who listens said...

Well, I'm sorry, but if your decision is to break off contact with me because I'm not a chiropractor, then I'm going to suggest it's a bad idea. :)

Not knowing what decision you are trying to make makes it very difficult for me to offer my help, liddle Mags, but rest assured that providing you're not trying to do anything that's wrong in His eyes, God will look after you and you'll be fine.

He'll look after you by sending you a little angel that'll watch over your shoulder, gently nudge you when you're going the wrong way, and tell you jokes and make you laugh when things are good.

On a totally unrelated note, I pressed refresh about five times until I got a verification word that was easy to type. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

Owl:

Thank you for making me smile...yet again. You're the best.

And I know-but it's hard b/c I'm not all knowing. It's hard to weigh the pro's and con's and to jump in and make a decision.

Hopefully I'll get one of those signs you see in movies that'll sway me in one direction or the other....

What was your word?

C-unit said...

You will make the right decision! Im sure of it!!

Mags said...

C-Unit:

Thank you for the vote of confidence. I'm not so sure as of right now. But I know that whatever I choose, or don't choose, it will be what I am supposed to choose.

Hamel said...

I can't say it any better than OWL said it. Follow your conscience and in the end it will likely work out.

From reading your blog and such, you've got a good head on your shoulders. My guess is that if one choice were clearly a bad one, you'd stear clear of it, so the decision I hope is one of choice and not knowing how either will work out, if that makes any sense. But I've got all the confidence in the world in you.

And at least you haven't had to make a hasty decision, as you've had time to put it off, you that makes any sense.

Mags said...

Hamel,

Thankfully I have a good life and so most of my frustrations are choices-whether I can see them as that in the moment or not...unfortunately-I'm wishy washy when it comes to my own life-always over processing and weighing the pro's and con's and the what if's.

Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Hamel said...

I'll add this, Mags. It's a quote from John Wooden, the UCLA basketball coach who also just so happens to be a great man, in every sense of the word. "Things turn out the best for those who make the best of the way things turn out."

Problem is, we never know how things will turn out, hence your dilemma.

Mags said...

Rob,

Thank you. I'm always good at "working with what I've got". I just sometimes wish I had the foresight to know what it would be so I could plan.

Or so that I would know if it was the right choice.

But you know....