Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Toosdae ?'s

Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

But only if you answer the questions....

A. Would you rather be mediocre all your life or live knowing that you were supposed to be great, but never achieve greatness?

B. Would you want to marry a boring millionaire or a brilliant starving artist?

C. Is it better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all?


A. I would rather be mediocre if I knew up front that I could never be great. If there was a tiny possibility or any hope at all though, I would choose to try to achieve greatness.

B. Starving artist all the way baby. Hunger is sometimes sexy. And can anyone say "body paint"?

C. Absolutely. Although while in the middle of the "lost" part, you pretty much almost always think, "Why do I even bother?" but then you wake up and remember why.

11 comments:

megan said...

I think I'd rather be mediocre. There is really not guilt associated with just being mediocre. I think never achieving greatness when you were supposed to is a huge personal disappointment.

2. I think I'd take the boring millionaire. I know that sounds awful and shallow but the idea of financial comfort is really appealing to me now. The thought that I could put my children through school without financial worry, be able to support myself in my retirement and still be able to contribute to charity - yeah, I'll take the rich guy. Besides, billiant artists are quirky.

3. Loved and lost, no question. I can't even imagine never feeling true love. One real true love is sometimes enough to carry you through the rest of your life even after you've "lost" it. Plus, you didn't say how long you had it before you lost it. It could be that love was only lost when a spouse dies after 75 yrs of marriage or something like that.

Mags said...

Megan:

I've met your husband. He's pretty quirky.

And he ties into your true love theory too, considering you've already been married for 75 years. (Not really people-but they met in nursery school) ;)

I'm surprised by your answer for #2. I understand why you said it, but I'm surprised.

Good answers!

GMadrid said...

1. Greatness potential because upon completion of my life I would be great regardless. Why live your life thinking in the end it will be a waste.

2. Marry then divorce for $$$. Just kidding. Starving artists are fun friends, but I am enough brilliant for the both of us. Really too tough to call.

3. Still haven't figured this one out yet.

Mags said...

Greg,

Sometimes, I forget that you are hilarious.

8-)

C-Unit said...

Mags- sorry i didnt post earlier...busy day! i am gonna go with the same answers as you...not gonna elaborate cause my space bar is jammed.

Hamel said...

A. I guess it depends of mediocrity was the best I could aspire to. If so, I'd much rather live up to my potential, no matter how low it may be, than fall short.

B. Easy. Brilliant artist. Starving is nothing compared to brilliant art. Really.

C. Love and lose. How else can I say I've lived?

kristarella said...

1. I was going to say mediocre but I think alot of people that know me think I could achieve great things I just choose to function at a level somewhere between mediocre and great because there are more important things than oneself.

2. Artist, I couldn't marry someone who was "boring". There's always government money schemes...

3. It's true, it is better to have loved and lost, if that person loved you back, if it wasn't reciprocatd then you haven't had the full experience. I would have much rather married my husband and lose him tomorrow than not marry/fallen in love with him at all.

Mags said...

C-Unit-nice. Stealing answers.

Kristarella: Well said on question #3.

Mags said...

Hamel: I think you could in fact say you lived, it's just a matter of how you define living, and what you think living well means.

For some, being alone is ok. For others sharing a life with another person is very important. You and I, and I suspect most others, fall into this category.

Thanks for answering the questions...now I suspect you've answered mine on your blog, so I'm off!

One who listens said...

Oooh! I missed Toosdae's ?'s! And I wore my special socks and everything, but I still forgot. :)

Well, I'm here now..

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll begin..

A. I think it hugely, and I mean hugely, depends on what you mean by greatness. We are all called to greatness, but not in the way that the world knows it. The old lady who still gets out of bed every morning since her husband died, even though she just wants to give up has acheived greatness. The young man who walks past a man taking money from the cashpoint and resists the temptation to rob him has achieved greatness. The alcoholic who says no to a drink has achieved greatness. If you mean the greatness that the world recognises, the richness of the uber-rich, and the fame of the notorious, then I'll be mediocre, thanks. Otherwise, I'll try with all of my heart and soul to my last breath, for greatness.

B. Now that's an easy question. I'd ignore circumstances and just marry the one that I love. Having said that, however, I suspect I'd prefer to marry the starving artist, because then I could look after her and there's always the chance that her art would be globally recognised and we'd be millionaires in the end. :)

C. Love with all of your heart, and all of your soul and all of your strength, which is your mind. Love with no hope of returned love. Love people on the inside, and ignore the possibility of hurt. Love is safe, because it is always rewarded in the end. It's a good investment. Trust me. ;)

Ooh, this is well long. I think the other people in this room are getting fed up with me hogging the delegates internet access, so I shall go now. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

Owl-The best answers from you yet.

Thanks.