Wednesday, January 04, 2006

New Look, Same Great Taste

After 3 long days I finally finished a new template. Yes, I made it myself. Pretty impressive, huh?

The only thing is, I don't know when it'll show up. Apparently it takes a while to republish because it's so large and a major change, but I'm expecting it any time now. I am posting this with the new text color too-so I'm sorry if it clashes with the old one. I know, I know...it's terribly tacky. But it'll look good when it's all together.

When I first started this blog in July, I did not actually think I would continue it. I was just fooling around one day and decided to open an account. All of the "normal" names I would have chosen were taken, and that is how I came up with the title. It was literally like, the 30th one I typed in.

In any case, because I did not think I'd continue blogging, I chose the template that most suited me. I love geometric patterns and shapes and swirls and polka dots and so my old template was good. However, after surfing hundreds of blogs, I noticed that LOTS of people had the same one I did.

And it bothered me. It bothered me not only because it confused me every time I stumbled upon a look alike (What the...how'd I get to my site?") but it also did little for my sense of individuality.

SO-without further adieu-my *new* template.

I hope you like it...when you can see it.

Oh. The only thing I still have to do is put the title up on the green header bar, but for some reason I can't figure it out. Does anyone know how to do that? If so, please email me. I'll love you forever. Or at least like you a lot.

Thanks!! Oh...thanks to Monty for teaching me how to do this. I've always wanted to know. You're the best girl!

8 comments:

C-Unit said...

Looks good Mags!

DinaLove said...

Fab & stylish, just like you!

Mags said...

Aw, gee thanks guys!

AND I finally got my title in the right spot. Though I cheated and did it without tags or url links-just the old fashioned photo shop way!

Hey-it works, right?

80)

Hawaiianmark said...

But is it less filling too?

2 thumbs up!

Aloha.

Anonymous said...

Cool

Hamel said...

This looks great, Mags.

Mags said...

Mark: No less filling-full of substance here! 8-)

Annon: Glad you think it's "cool"

Hamelson: 8-) Thank you!

Luv:

Me

aka_monty said...

I LOOOOVE the look! Most excellent work!

And you're totally welcome for the strikeout thing. :)