Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The Angel On The Round Table

"Wishful thinking..."

How do you live with yourself?

I had an eerie feeling today that you were around.
I listened for the beeps but there's snow on the ground.
I looked for your car but it no longer exists.
I wonder if you'll show up to make amends for the hits.

"Wishful thinking..."

Will I always have to look over my shoulder?

I struggle to keep the control I stole back.
I fake a smile when my strength begins to lack.
Behind laughter I mask a fear that's still real.
And pretend what I went through was no big deal.

"Wishful thinking..."

It would cause harm.

Writing these words on a page you can't read
makes me feel stronger, and safer indeed.
I'll grow and I'll learn, but you'll stay the same
and truly and deeply, I feel that's a shame.

"Wishful thinking..."

No comments: