Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Toosdae ?'s

Cure your Post Christmas Depression by answering some of these here questions...ok...cure MY PCD by answering these questions! >8-)

1. Would you rather have to hunt and gather all of your food or put all of your meals in a blender before eating it?

2. Would you rather be kept in the dark as long as possible about bad news or would you want to know up front and get it over with?

3. Do you have to return/exchange any gifts this year? What gift will you NOT be keeping and who gave it to you?

1. The thought of a liquefied steak dinner makes me a little queasy, but hunting and gathering all of my meals would be difficult, mainly because I can't see myself cleaning what I kill. I mean, have you READ Clan of the Cave Bear?!

2. I like the idea of going through life without struggle and conflict, however the feeling you get when you realize someone's been lying to you all along to "protect" you is one of the worst feelings in the world and I do not ever want to feel that pain again. So, I say, "Bad news-bring it on!" (Hopefully none of you have any for me.)

3. I had to return a coffee maker that my parents bought for me. I wanted one that brewed 1-2 cups of coffee at a time. It came with 2 travel mugs so that I could easily brew my java while in the shower and drink it on my way to work. My mother bought a Pod coffee maker that requires special tea bag-like "pods" and brews like, an espresso sized cup of coffee. The worst part is that the one I want is not in stock and so now I have to search Connecticut for my coffee maker. They did do well with all of the other gifts though, so I can't REALLY complain!

12 comments:

GMadrid said...

1. Me man. Me Hunt.

2. Get it over with. Like a band-aid.

3. Except for everything I received from someone named Maggie I am keeping everything. :)

Mags said...

gmadrid: Good luck finding the truck your gifts came off of. I found 'em somewhere in the Bronx from some guy named Vinny. 8-)

Brat.

(Glad to hear you don't have to return anything)

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO LIKE THE WORD VERIFICATION GAME: pjybafun

megan said...

1. I think I'll take the hunt and gather option. I wouldn't actually "hunt" anything. I'd have to rely on my "gathering" skills. No way in the world I could kill something and eat it.

2. I want to be kept in the dark as long as possible. I assume that eventually I will find out the bad news so I'd rather live happily not knowing until I had to know. If I knew there was impending bad news I'd be sick, sleepless and on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

3. I have to return one gift and donate a few others, unfortunately. One is a sweater my grandmother bought me, a tad too small. Flattered Gramma but I'd look like a sausage in it's casing if I put that tiny thing on. The other things I plan on donating to a shelter or something because they just "weren't me".

Mags said...

Megan:

I think you would totally rock the "Heidi" look and should plan on keeping that LL Bean monstrosity you got! I'm just sayin...

C-Unit said...

1.I would rather hunt and gather...As you said, the thought of liquid steak is really gross!!
2. I would rather hear the bad news and get it over with.
3.I liked all of my gifts except for a pair of shoes that were way too small and kinda ugly. 8)

Mags said...

C-Unit:
I can't see you with a bow and arrow...OR a sling shot. But whatever..I CAN see you making a fort and building a fire to cook the meat you've killed though. 8-)

I thought the shoes were nice. I'm glad I didn't give 'em to ya.

One who listens said...

Technically, I think it's Wednesday where I am now, but since it's still Toosdae where you are (am I the only one getting all his dates mixed up because I'm on holiday), I feel justified in filling in your ?'s. :)

1. I'm with gmadrid there. Me man, me hunt. ;) Although the idea of all food in a liquidizer is fine too. I like soop. MmmMMMmmm.And no, I haven't read Clan of Cave Bear. :)

2. Now this is tricky. I am firmly of the opinion there there are some things that I am better off not knowing, and if someone says to me "You don't want to know," I say "Ok," and don't ever find out. It's better that way. But wanting to know about bad news...Hmmm. If it was something that had no impact on me whatsoever, I think I'd prefer not to know. Perhaps that's cowardly, but enough people have bad news for me. I just want the good.

I think I don't know the answer, though, because I'd like to know stuff too. I'm quite curious. Doh. I can't answer this question. It's too hard.

3. Funnily enough, I did have to return a gift today. My sister informed me that she'd bought my girly a present (DVD- War of the Worlds) and she hopes no-one else has got it. Yes, sister dear. I have bought it for her birthday. Oh, and my girly and I are getting Christmas presents today, so I have to give DVD back or use it as a present for someone else.

Oh, and my uncle got me a projection clock. One that projects the time onto a wall. But it kinda doesn't work. So back it goes. :)

I realise I haven't answered most of these questions properly, but I think they shine a light into the darkness of my psyche for you to peruse at your leisure. And I got a dose of Post Christmas blues, so I sympathise with your attack earlier. I hope my mindless rambling helps you with yours. :)

Owl.

Verification Word: fezaic - Pertaining to indian head-gear.

One who listens said...

And even though I have nothing further to add, the verification word of "hddigy" reminded me too much of "hot diggedy" to pass up.

I thank you. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

See Owl, THIS is why you crack me up.

RAMBLER!

Hot Diggedy is definately not something you can pass by!

I hope your PCD goes away soon.

FLIPPER said...

1) WELL THIS QUESTION DOESNT REALLY SUIT PEOPLE LIKE ME. BUT I COULDNT DRINK PIZZA (EWW) SO ILL HUNT FOR MY BERRYS AND LEAVES!

2) I HATE WHEN PEOPLE LYE. I HATE NOT KNOWING EVERYTHING LOL. I WOULD MUCH RATHER KNOW RIGHT AWAY.

3) I HAD TO RETURN JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING BUT THEY HAD THE RIGHT IDEAS...I GIVE THEM CREDIT FOR THAT!!

Mags said...

Flipper, being a leaf eater you would have it easier than anyone who would have to hunt and kill. Good choice.

And the thought of Dad buying Uggs is pretty funny-so yeah-credit should be given!!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic blog. Ben

coffee maker