Sunday, December 11, 2005

Oh How I Love Thee

Oh Mr. Cableman, how I love thee.

Thank you for re-connecting my cable so that I can once again stare blankly into the nothingness they call "entertainment". Thank you for unlocking the door to hours upon hours of "secret" family recipes on the Food Network and riveting, life changing stories on TLC.

Thank you Mr. Cableman for giving me the power to lay for hours surfing through infomercial after infomercial, making me realize that I too, can have the body of a 20 year old supermodel and also make a smoothie in under 15 seconds. Thank you, thank you, thank you, for without this 'education' I might have otherwise perished.

Oh, Mr. Cableman, you gave my freedom back to me the other day when you reconnected my telelvision, my portal to laziness; my eternal link to another world-freedom to do nothing on a random Wednesday night and perhaps a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Oh, Mr. Cableman, how I love thee...

2 comments:

One who listens said...

Don't forget "Stargate Atlantis" and "Lost". :) They're my current addiction, and worthy of note in the grand name of entertainment. :)

We have lots of adverts for cheap car insurance and amazing new ringtones, not to forget the famous "consolidate your debt" adverts.

Mind you, I discovered whilst watching a movie with my girly over the phone (it was a weeknight while I was still living in London, and we had to be apart) that the adverts are different even only a hundred miles apart.

And I don't know whether to be worried or not, but the verification word was "ptbaked".

I think it's trying to tell me something.

Hmmm.. Only twenty five more words and this comment will be longer than your post.

Won't do that then. ;)

Owl.

Whitney Perino said...

I do not think so.