What is the thing in your life that makes you stop and say, "Wow. I'm in a completely different spot than I thought I'd be."
For me it's today: 12/12
Today's the day I was married. Isn't that freaky? Though I have memories and it does have meaning, it's so strange for me to think of myself as someone who's been married. Especially because my life today is so different and I've experience so many wonderful things NOT being married it makes me shiver to think I may have not experienced them.
It also makes me shiver to think I could still be married to Matt. I know, I know, it sounds mean. But he was really rather dull in comparison to people I've met over the last 2 1/2 years I've been divorced. In fact, I just stumbled upon something he wrote and thought, "This is so without passion".
In true Maggie fashion, here are some good things I remember:
1. Woo Hoo and the chase.
2. The Christmas Parade. (You may get some of this in House Broken...)
3. "You'd better let me sign these papers...my fiance is about to have an E.P.I.S.O.D.E!"
4. Slow dancing in our new room.
5. Mr. Roboto
6. Cramming into the minivan to see if we'd all fit for our NYC trip before the wedding.
7. Buying me the perfect bouquet, even though it was too expensive, just because I loved it so much.
8. Telling me you didn't get a piece of cake b/c you knew I'd give you mine and then watching the video later and seeing you had at least 4! (This still makes me giggle)
9. "DO YOU SEE THESE TEE-SHIRTS? I'M THE GROOOOM AND SHE'S THE BRIIIIDE....(mater of factly) we're getting on that plane."
10. "We came all the way from America just so I could buy Smarties from this store...please let us in." and then..."Wow. I can't believe that fucking worked!"
So, here's to memories, but also, here's to deals gone bad.
Looking forward to more days filled with passion and laughter, and less with tears and frustration.