Friday, November 04, 2005

Smoke 'Em Out

There are few things I find more disgusting than smoking. (Ok, those of you who know me in real life are probably shouting a "WhatEVER!" only because, well, I find lots of things disgusting) In any case-I don't like being around people when they are smoking and often find myself getting angry when I'm involuntarily exposed to smoke.

Almost everyday I shop at a local grocery store near my office. This store apparently does not have a break area for it's employees because without fail, there are always 2 or 3 workers smoking on the bench out front.

(On a side note-this upsets me also because they are employees smoking in a customer area-when working, even on break, I feel they should be in a designated area, away from customers. Guess where I got that line of thinking???)

So, back to the smoke...

I hate it. I hate that when I walk into the store, I get accosted by billowing puffs of carcinogens exhaled by scabby teenagers who should be in school. I hate that when the wind is blowing the smoke sticks to me and I have to smell it in my hair, which is long and thick, all day.

I also hate when I walk out of the store and the turn their heads to see who's coming out and blow the smoke toward me, essentially creating a tunnel of death in that little automatic door entrance thingy.

Everyone has a right to choose whether or not they want to be a smoker-I just wish they'd find somewhere else to do it.

On a happier note, I bought some Minute Maid fruit snacks which come in 10 convenient fun snack pouches and am looking forward to partaking in their chewy goodness after lunch!

5 comments:

C-Unit said...

Smoking is definitely gross. I wish I could quit 100%. I am down to 1-2 a day, but I didn't have one yesterday!

Mags said...

Good for you!! Keep up the good work...

Get up to 2 days smoke free and maybe I'll let you have one of my tasty fruit snacks.

One who listens said...

When I was about ten, my mum smoked a staggering amount. One day, I asked her if I could have one, cos they all seemed to enjoy them.

I took one puff, and gagged. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever experienced.

I immediately asked it if came in strawberry. They said no.

I'm not touched one since that day, and thankfully, my mum gave up completely one day. She hasn't had a cigarette in over 20 years now.

One who listens said...

Well done, Maggie Moo!

You're the 1100th visitor to my site since I started recording these things.

Woo! Yay!

megan said...

I'm not sure I have all the fact correct on this but I heard that they are going to put a law into effect that prohibits smoking within 50 ft (or something like that) to a public building. That'll help all those situations where walking in the front door of most buildings involves stepping over mountains of butts and a thick cloud of second hand smoke.

Let's hope that law passes.