Sunday, November 13, 2005

NaNo Woe's

I'm a novel writing failure.

I will most likely not complete the NaNo challenge as I've not written anything in the last week. Why you ask?

Because I haven't felt like it.

And though I haven't given up (I think I'll write something tonight) I feel it's almost impossible to get to the word count I need from the word count I'm at right now by the end of November.

The good news is that everyone seems to really enjoy reading the crumbs I post on Thursday's and so the story will be written...just a little slower than anticipated.

Ho Hum...I so wanted to say I won.

7 comments:

Hamel said...

Mags, write because you want to, not because some idiot from another blog challenges you to write 50,000 words.

If it makes you feel any better, I'll likely reach the goal, but it's a pile of crap. Really. So you're 5-10,000 words will be much more worthy of other eyes than my 50,000 words.

That's exactly why I rarely assign lengths, but instead limits, on writing assignments in school Writing can't be graded or evaluated by the pound. So don't feel bad.

How's the play? I loved Mystic as a kid.

aka_monty said...

I agree, try not to feel bad about it. You're a winner with us. :)

I, for one, completely love your writings and the person behind them.

Mags said...

>80)

Aw...thanks guys! That makes me feel much better.

Thank you!!

One who listens said...

I think your writing is fantastic, Mags. Mine seems hollow and empty by comparison to your rich and very real characters. :)

Mags said...

Thank you Owl!

However, the reason my characters feel real to you is because they are...you are writing fiction, I am not.

YOU impress ME with the depth of your imagination.

wingnut said...

omigod. you are SUCH a total failure. i can't believe you, like, quit. would it have killed you to write a few more words?
and also? i think today's word verification is a swear.

Mags said...

wingnut-who invited you ANYWAY?

And also...I put the swear word there just for YOU!

80)