Thursday, November 17, 2005

House Broken: Part 6

"Hey! How are you today?" His voice exploded from the receiver. She could hear his smile in his words as she closed her eyes and imaged his sweet face.

He was not someone people would call handsome, nor was he ugly. The word often used when describing him was "cute". Being only 5'9", he was shorter than the average man, but what he lacked in height he made up for in girth. Not rotund, but plump; he filled in his clothing well. He was the type of man women loved to hug, often comparing him to a teddy bear.

His skin was fare, coming from his English mum, but hid a tinge of honey-this from his Italian father. His hair was sandy and thin, soft to the touch, and kept short. She loved his button nose; the curl of the nostril so fluid and distinct that she wanted to kiss it every time they met.

And of course, she loved his lips. Light pink flesh, plump and soft, always slightly parted, ready to dish out a sarcastic quip or silly comeback. And always ready to love her, for as long as she would let him.

"Hi! This is a surprise! I thought you were working today."

"I was, but I got someone to switch with me so I could spend the day with you. Do you have plans?" He asked as if he already knew that she did not.
"I do now." She replied. "Did you have something in mind?"

"Yes. It's a surprise though. Be ready in 20 minutes, ok cutie?"

She loved it when he used pet names for her, which broke every rule she had on dating stereotypes and name-calling.

"Ok. I'
ll be ready. I can't wait!"

She ran into her room and looked in the mirror. Luckily, she planned on going shopping, and so she just finished doing her hair. All she had to do was find the perfect outfit for a surprise date and she would be ready.

The light purple v-neck dress with flowers from Old Navy was her choice, with white slip on sandals to show off her newly painted toes. She also knew that he loved this dress, and was looking forward to seeing his expression when she opened the door. As a last minute touch, she sprayed on her favorite perfume, and dabbed on lip gloss.
*****
"Where are we going!?!" She playfully begged. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet??"

He laughed. It felt good to be in his car, making him laugh, seeing him so carefree. Being with him at work was fun, but this was different. Knowing him alone, without guests around and without their friends, was special. He was different-kinder, more gentle. And definitely less restrained.

"I'm not telling you, and no we are not there yet, and if you don't stop asking I'm going to pull over and make you walk!" He joked, as he took her hand and kissed it. "You'll like it, I know. So just trust me, ok?"

"I do."

He visablly blushed.

"What? Why are you blushing?" She giggled, though she did not know what she could have done, or what he could be thinking that would have made him blush.

"I liked it when you said that just now. 'I do' I'd like to hear you say that at a later date." He looked over at her and smiled.

"Oh. Well. Thank you."


Just the fact that she didn't know what to say made her wonder, for yet another time, why he chose her. She made a mental note to ask him the next time something like this happened. For now, she only wanted to remember what it was like sitting in his car, sharing his life and being the object of his affection.

2 comments:

One who listens said...

I like that you liked making him laugh. It is one of the most endearing qualities you can find.

When people ask me for advice when going out (hey, it happens!) I always tell them to relax, and to make the person they're with laugh.

It works wonders. The next best thing is to be a good listener, of course. :)

Owl.

Mags said...

He had a good laugh too-when it was real. He used to giggle like a girl sometimes and that was the best b/c I knew it was genuine...I mean, what boy would want to sound like a girl???