Thursday, November 03, 2005

House Broken: Part 4

“Are you going to be home on Saturday?” She asked. Her voice shakey, knowing what she was about to verbalize. Knowing that saying it out loud to him made the decision real.

“Yeah, why?”

“You’re being served.” And it was done.

He stared at her for a minute. His grey blue eyes were sunken in from the stress of his depression, of his job; his deception. He looked small and frail, and she couldn’t help wanting to hug him, even though he was the reason the words had to be spoken.

“I want us to remain family” she said. “I don’t want this to be ugly. You’re important to me and I want you to know that.”

His eyes moved past hers now, through her, into another world. The world she suspected he wanted to share with his Mexican Mistress.

“Ok. We’ll treat each other like family.” He muttered, sticking out his jaw.

“Be home ok? I don’t want to have to pay this guy twice.”

“I’ll be here, don’t worry. I want this thing done quickly, remember?”

She sighed. “Yeah. I remember. I’m going to take a bath.”

Upstairs in the master bedroom, she drew her bath. Her pale, silky skin turned red when it touched the heat of the lavendar scented water. As she sank deeper into the tub, she closed her eyes and tried to remember what her life was like when he loved her back.

4 comments:

One who listens said...

You write in a heart-wrenching way, Miss Maggie Moo.

I don't know what to say, apart from "poor fing!".

For some really, really obscure reason, I nearly called you Sam then (as in "Poor lickle Sam"). How odd.

Mags said...

YOU MAKE MY HEART SING OWL!

(I just called a friend of mind George the other day-his name is TOM!!!)

LOL!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info
»

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Buy cadillac shock absorber infiniti m30 for sale large coffee maker vintage hanging chair Temperature alarm for home freezer