Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Shakespeare's Wack Fo Shizzle!

If Shakespeare was born in the ghetto in the 1900's instead of 1500's...

"See, how she leans her cheek upon her hand! O that I were a glove upon that hand, that I might touch that cheek!" Romeo and Juliet, 2. 2

~Would Be~

"That bitch is fine! If I wuz uh glove on dat hand-sho'nuff I might whack dat cheek. WORD!"

Men's eyes were made to look, and let them gaze. Romeo and Juliet, 3. 1

~Would Be~

"Gurrrlll-you KNOW your man is a dawg-let him peep that ho! He'll crawl his ass back to you. You know das right!"

"What angel wakes me from my flowery bed?" A Midsummer Night's Dream, 3. 1

~Would Be~

"DAMN BITCH! Git yur ass outta my crib. Sheeit."

9 comments:

C-Unit said...

I especially like the last one! Hehe

megan said...

Those were so hysterical. I have to copy those down and show everyone. Ha Ha Ha, I'm still laughing.

Mags said...

Hee hee hee. I had more too, but thought I was pushing it. Didn't know how everyone would react to the whitest girl in the WORLD writing these.

Glad you enjoyed them!!!!

Hamel said...

I cracked up laughing at these, Mags. My freshmen English class just finished reading Romeo and Juliet. I allowed them to design their own exams, and two students are modernizing the play with a ghetto setting. Maybe I'll shoot a couple lines your way,if any are memorable.

How can the imagination be both wonderful and damning? You've piqued my interest.

Mags said...

Hamel:

Fo shizzle my nizzle!

I'd love to hear them!!!

I'll answer the other question on your blog, k?

Happy your smile's back.

Hamel said...

Thanks for the answer to my question. And I stand corrected, the two can coexist at the same time.

By the way, love your picture.

wingnut said...

no way did you make those up yourself. are you kidding me?

Mags said...

Hamel-you are very welcome!

Wingnut-or should I say BIOTCH? I sure did write them jerk face! This chic is full of surprises!

My highlight of the day was hearing Megan recite them. Funny stuff!

Denae said...

I'm so glad you have Shakespeare quotes on your blog. My guy and I are going to go to Stratford-upon-Avon in January and now I have some ammunition to hit him with (quotes).