Thursday, August 18, 2005

Everything Pizza

Last night was girls night! Judy, Megan and I went to The California Pizza Kitchen. If you haven't yet been and you have one in your area, I highly recommend it. Though I didn't have it tonight, I suggest you try the Rustica pizza. Fantabulous, I tell you!

We're an eclectic circle, the 3 of us, but somehow, we always, always, always, have fun, and manage to be laughing louder than anyone else. What can be better than that?

Anyway, we finally got together again tonight. Though we see each other 5 days a week, it's hard to really talk about what's on our minds, mainly because we're bitches and talk about everyone we work with. There comes a time when the side of your cheek starts to hurt because you're doing that, "I'm gonna talk out of the side of my mouth so no one sees me talking" talk. Yeah. We know. It doesn't really work. Needless to say, it was nice to be able to vent on neutral ground.

I love just watching and listening to the 2 of them. They crack me up.

Judy is the sweetest person in the world. I always describe her and her family as being like people "used to be". You know, when people were kind to each other, and decent and had pure hearts. Really. They once gave me entire wing of their home during a holiday. They are my protectors-my shield when life gets too painful or scary. Judy, though, is a total wingnut. She's spunky and silly and completely off the wall sometimes, which makes her entirely delightful. She also has the uncanny ability to make you feel like the tiniest little thing you've done is the most significantly wonderful thing in the world. It's great.

Megan is the one of the coolest people I know. Not like trendy cool or like, "I'm an average person but I'm trying to be cool" cool. More like, really cool. Like cool to the bone-"I was born this way" cool. You know the type. She's also one of the easiest people to talk to about anything-and I mean anything in the world. Mainly because she knows TONS of stuff about everything. And if she doesn't know about it, she knows someone who does. And, what's completely and utterly amazing about her is that she and her husband got married when they were 19, built a house on a family farm and are raising 4-5 beautifully well rounded, smart girls. And she looks 30. And also, she's an awesome mix between sassy, sarcastic and sweet. It's not unlike Megan (who's like, the BEST seamstress EVER) to just whip up some pillows for someone before work b/c the pattern reminded her of them. Yeah. She's cool.

So, I got to spend hours just listening to these 2. Just soaking in their quirky goodness and I realized how lucky I was to have them as my friends. And not only that-but I get to see them practically everyday. And...AND we still like each other.

Sometimes it's good to be me.



No comments: